This PIR detects movement within a sepcific area by sensing the infared energy emmited from a body as it moves across the sensor's field of view, causing a temperature change in the sensor's zones. When this motion is detected, the sensor transmits an alarm signal to the control panel.
Motion sensors can be used to protect locations where door/window sensors are impractical or not needed, such as large areas or open floor plans. Motion sensors also provide backup protection door/window sensors.
Motion sensors can also be used outdoors to alert you of visitors or intruders, or to turn on security lighting.
This wireless motion sensor includes the following features:
- 35 feet by 40 feet coverage area for standard and optional animal alley lenses
- Masking kit provided to block portions of coverage area
- Three minute transmitter lockout time after an alarm that helps extend battery life
- Cover-activated tamper (optional wall-activated tamper is included)
- Supervisory signal transmitted every 64 minutes to the control panel
- Sensor low battery reports to the control panel
- Field-selectable sensitivity options (indoor PIRs)
- Compatible with all GE Wireless Control Panels